Come Celebrate our 75th Year Anniversary With Us!
First Presbyterian Church began in 1927 in the living room of William (Uncle Billy) and Camilla Marler. William was a civic leader, fisherman, and boat builder who felt the need to gather family and others on Sunday for worship. Camilla provided the music as well as the Sunday meal following the worship service. As the numbers increased, the services were moved to the schoolhouse on Calhoun Avenue. When a fire destroyed that building, the Marlers once again opened their home. The window above the choir loft is a memorial to William Marler, the man who coined the phrase, "The World's Luckiest Fishing Village."